Basis Audio is proud to be the exclusive US distributor for My Sonic Lab Cartridges
'The Most Musically Convincing Cartridges In The World'
BASIS COMMENTS ON MY SONIC LAB
As a designer and producer of state of the art turntables and tonearms I seek out the finest associated equipment with which to test my designs. It was in a search for my own personal reference cartridge that I came upon MY Sonic Lab. My goal had been to find a cartridge that combined state of the art detail, transparency, and dynamics with a natural frequency response. I cannot enjoy listening and evaluating equipment using any cartridge that has the too common over-emphasis on the upper mid and high frequency ranges. Before hearing the MY Sonic Lab cartridge I had already evaluated most of the highly acclaimed cartridges in my effort to find a reference cartridge. Within moments of first listening to a MY Sonic Lab Eminent cartridge it was clear that this cartridge was conveying the essence of the music to a greater degree than I had previously experienced.
Being a designer, but not seeking to be an importer or distributor for any other audio company’s products, I had to seek out the man behind the glory of this cartridge for my own personal interest. I made contact with the company and although my intent was to speak “designer to designer” about my appreciation for the accomplishments the cartridges represent, the end result was a mutual agreement whereby Basis Audio became the MY Sonic Lab importer for the North American markets.
I am confident that you will agree that MY Sonic Lab cartridges deliver an extraordinary musical experience.
- Type : Low-impedance moving coil cartridge
- Frequency response : 10 - 50,000 Hz
- Output voltage : 0.4mV/1kHz
- Internal impedance : 0.9 Ω
- Loading : 100 - 800Ω (specifically, about 400Ω is recommended)
- Core material : SH-μX
- Magnet : Neodynium #50
- Stylus pressure : 1.9 - 2.2g
- Cantilever : Super-duralmine dual structure
- Stylus tip : Semi-line contact (3μm x 30μm)
- Channel balance : within 0.5dB (1kHz)
- Crosstalk : more than 30dB (1kHz)
- Terminals : shiny rhodium-plated pins
- Weight : 9.5g